ICT Security Officer
The ICT Security Officer will be responsible for supporting the formulation, and implementation of the ICT Strategy and the realization of the organizations ICT objectives.
- Monitor for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised, or illegal activity.
- Identify potential weaknesses and implement measures, such as firewalls and encryption.
- Monitor identity and access management, including monitoring for abuse of permissions by authorised system users.
- Keep up to date with the latest security and technology developments.
- Research/evaluate emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them in the SACCO
- Plan for disaster recovery and create contingency plans in the event of any security breaches.
- Design new security systems or upgrade existing ones.
- Use advanced analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities.
- Liaise with stakeholders in relation to cyber security issues and provide future recommendations
- Install, troubleshoot, and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications and monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers.
- Test and evaluate new technology.
- Generate reports for both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders.
- Maintain an information security risk register and assist with internal and external audits relating to information security.
- Assist with the creation, maintenance, and delivery of cyber security awareness training for colleagues.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science/ICT or related degree from a recognized university with experience in systems security, database, and network management.
- At least four (4) years relevant work experience in ICT Security, data analysis and reporting with a proven record of accomplishment.
- Strong analytical, presentation & problem-solving skills with the ability to present technical ideas in a layman’s language.
- Working knowledge of databases (SQL server)
- Very good knowledge of Windows Operating Systems.
- The ability to analyze, model, visualize and interpret data.
- Superb problem-solving skills.
- Must be a critical thinker.
- Have a methodological and logical approach.
- Have a relevant security certification.
- Very good understanding of Sacco Core Banking Systems.
- Demonstrate ability to manage and ensure timely delivery of ICT projects.
Are You Interested?
Kindly send your CV and cover letter detailing your experience and qualifications for the job and address it to email@example.com
All applications should be made on or before Wednesday 5th October 2022.