Job Advert – Credit Analyst
Job Advert – Credit Analyst
K-Unity is a well-established Sacco Licensed by SASRA as a deposit taking Sacco with operations in most parts of the Country. We offer Credit services and solutions to Agribusinesses, Organized Groups, SMEs, Individual Businesses and Employees both in Public and Private sector.
We are looking for an experienced, highly committed, and motivated professional to fill in the position of Credit Analyst. The position will be on a contract basis and renewable based on achievement of set deliverables.
The Job holder will support the Credit Manager.
- In planning, coordinating, and controlling all lending activities to minimize credit risks.
- Preparing independent analysis of credit reviews and submitting a summary of analysis for credit review.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Incumbent will be responsible for:
- Analyzing credit propositions and making timely recommendations for approval.
- Reviewing credit applications for compliance with the approval conditions
- Weekly analysis of loan-book performance and risk loan-book migration analysis
- Conducting Quality checks to ensure branches follow the Sacco’s credit policy, best practice in appraisal, approval, and management of facilities.
- Generating accurate management report on business performance to facilitate decision making.
- Review the Sacco’s lending model policies and recommend changes in line with business dynamics.
- Check completeness of documents submitted for credit analysis.
- Provide coaching /guidance/training on aspects of credit including policy and procedures, as may be required by branch staff and other staff involved the credit granting process.
- Immediately inform the concerned parties of any document missing (according to the credit checklist).
- Regularly analyze the risk profile of the Sacco’s loan portfolio by product, and by segment.
- Review and ensure compliance of facilities approved conditions.
- Always ensure compliance with set SLAs
- Proactive monitoring of the credit portfolio to ensure early detection of problem credits.
- Provide and analyze financial information for use in the preparation of credit reports.
- Assist in the financial evaluation of new business/projects and provide a guide on market risk.
- Preparing credit reports for new proposals and renewals and provide guidance on structuring of credits, due diligence, and KYC.
- Maintaining financial information on borrowing accounts including covenant monitoring.
- Undertake annual review of security documentation for all Sacco accounts.
- Ensuring there is no income leakage by counter checking that interest rates are correctly applied; insurance and all the necessary fees are applied on all credit facilities.
- Undertaking client visit with Branch Managers as required during credit analysis.
- This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post, you may be required to carry out other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, banking, or any other business-related field.
- Professional Qualification in Credit e.g., C.C.P is an added advantage.
- Professional qualifications in CPA will be an added advantage.
- 3 years progressive working experience in credit analysis in a Bank or Financial Institution.
- Knowledge of debt recovery and realization process
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Effective communicator – both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Focused and self-driven
- Attentive to detail.
Please send your CV and cover letter detailing your experience and qualifications for the job and address it to email@example.com . Indicate your current and expected remuneration.
All applications should be made on or before Saturday 3rd June 2023. Please note that K-unity does not ask for any payment during any stage of the recruitment process, only the official K-Unity numbers 020-2047678/066-2022201 in our website or our official HR email above will be used to communicate.