We are looking for a skilled Recovery Officer to join our team. As a Recovery Officer, you will be responsible for managing and recovering unpaid debts from our clients. Your duties will include monitoring and following up on outstanding debts, negotiating payment plans, and maintaining accurate records of all transactions. The ideal candidate should have strong communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
The Incumbent will report to the Recovery Manager and will be responsible for:
- Meeting set Collections and Recoveries targets.
- Delinquency management to below the regulatory requirement.
- Based on overall assessment of the NPL book and debt recovery success rate, critically reviewing all non-performing facilities and development of appropriate strategies to ensure K-Unity recovers the amounts due in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- On a case-by-case basis, assessing K-Unity positioning and its ability to recover the amounts due without forced realization of securities held as far as possible. This includes detailed negotiations with the defaulting clients for facilities re-structure, where possible, to maintain customer goodwill.
- Planning and closely coordinating the debt recovery process with various stakeholders, including Lawyers, Valuers and Auctioneers amongst others, to avoid undue delay and recovery costs escalation.
- For cases in court, ensuring the relevant evidence in support of K-Unity case is properly documented and shared with the key stakeholders in good time, ahead of court appearances. Representing K-Unity as a witness as and when required.
- Where K-Unity is represented in court by other witnesses, ensuring these witnesses are well prepared with information and absolute clarity on the background of each case.
- Providing periodic reports to the Recovery Manager on the status of each non-performing facility, with clear recommendations on the way forward or closure.
- This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post, you may be required to carry out other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Banking, or any other business-related field.
- Professional Qualification in Credit e.g., C.C.P is an added advantage.
- Professional qualifications in accounting will be an added advantage.
- 3 years progressive working experience in debt recovery in a Bank or Financial Institution.
- Knowledge of debt recovery and realization process
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Effective communicator – both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Focused and self-driven
- Attentive to detail.
How to Apply?
Please send your CV and cover letter detailing your experience and qualifications for the job and address it to firstname.lastname@example.org , indicate your current and expected remuneration.
All applications should be made on or before Friday 28th April 2023, please clearly indicate on the email subject the position for which you are applying for.
Please note that K-Unity Sacco does not ask for any payment during any stage of the recruitment process, only the official K-Unity number 020-2047678/066-2022201/ 0707424774 or the email above will be used to communicate.