INFORMATION SYSTEMS AUDITOR
We are looking for an experienced, highly committed, and motivated professional to fill the position of Information Systems Auditor. The position will be on a contract basis and renewable based on achievement of set deliverables.
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager the Information Systems Auditor will be responsible for conducting independent reviews on the Sacco’s Management Information Systems and Information Security and highlighting exceptions or violations.
Duties and Responsibility of the Information System Auditor
- Performing general and application control reviews for the existing ICT systems.
- Reviewing of ICT related policies to ensure that they comply with the legal, regulatory, and other guiding standards.
- Performing information control reviews to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery and system maintenance.
- Reviewing of internal control procedures and security for systems under development and/or enhancements to current systems.
- Reviewing of all system parameters.
- Automation of system audits.
- Preparation of audit findings reports and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
- Following up on audit findings to ensure that management has taken corrective action(s).
- Coordinating and interacting with external auditors, regulators, law enforcement officials and other relevant stakeholders in provision of necessary reports as guided by various regulations.
- Assisting and training other audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems.
- Maintaining currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Conducting operational, compliance, financial and investigative audits, as assigned.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science. Business information technology or ICT related field.
- Certification in either of the following: Information Systems Auditor (CISA), OR Cert Internal Auditor (CIA), OR Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Ethical Hacking Certification will be an added advantage.
- He/she should be familiar with the basics of accounting and finance.
- At least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in a financial institution.
- Should have strong analytical, reporting, and problem-solving skills.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your CV and cover letter detailing your experience and qualifications for the job and address it to firstname.lastname@example.org . Indicate your current and expected remuneration.
All applications should be made on or before Saturday 28th October 2023.
Please note that K-Unity does not ask for any payment during any stage of the recruitment process, only the official K-Unity numbers 020-2047678/066-2022201 on our website or our official HR email above will be used to communicate.