The Job holder will be responsible for.
- Guiding and advising the SACCO on legal and regulatory matters including but not limited to, reviewing existing, and preparing new contracts, and S.L.As, perfection of securities, ensuring the SACCO’s compliance to legal and statutory requirements, and identifying and managing legal risks in all SACCO’s operations.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Incumbent will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for:
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legal and regulatory requirements i.e., acts of parliament, Sacco By-laws, rules and regulations, policies, and procedures.
- In charge of legal and litigation matters in liaison with external lawyers.
- Drafting and review of all legal and third-party contracts before and after execution.
- Periodic review of requisite legal documents, by- laws, policies, rules, and regulations.
- Provision of timely information on renewals and or termination of contracts.
- Draft, review and ensure proper execution of all SACCO legal documents e.g., employment contracts, vendor contracts, customer agreements, service level agreements, and lease agreements to ensure that all contracts comply with legal requirements and protect the Sacco’s interest.
- Review of collaterals and or charge documents, discharge and or perfection of securities.
- Classification, assessments, and mitigation of legal and regulatory risks.
- Interpret legal information and conduct training for staff, board, and management on legal matters.
- Settle potential legal issues before going to court to manage cost and possible damage to SACCO’s reputation.
- Represent the SACCO in legal proceedings, e.g., arbitration, hearing and court cases and effectively follow up on all court cases, hearings, and judgements.
- Preparation of accurate and timely monthly reports.
- Any other duties and assignments lawfully given from time to time.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor Of laws degree (LL. B) from a recognized institution.
- Post graduate Diploma in Law from Kenya School of Law.
- 3 years progressive working experience in a financial institution.
- A member of the Law Society of Kenya in good standing.
- A certified secretary and member of the ICS will be an added advantage.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Effective communicator – both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your CV and cover letter detailing your experience and qualifications for the job and address it to email@example.com . Indicate your current and expected remuneration.
All applications should be made on or before Saturday 28th October 2023.
Please note that K-unity does not ask for any payment during any stage of the recruitment process, only the official K-Unity numbers 0707 424 774 on our website or our official HR email above will be used to communicate.